My little Luke is still so fun! He grew up a lot this month! He still likes to get into things he’s not supposed to, but has gotten better about things like the toilet and the dog water. He’ll still crawl into the bathroom, but he pretty much just waits there until I find him almost like he just wants to show me that he could if he wanted to. He’s decided that emptying every non-locked cabinet in the kitchen on an hourly basis is enough.
Luke is a definite climber. Will and Sarah were never climbers. I’m having to get used to this. It scares me! He will use anything he can get a big toe on to climb, so I have found him in some very precarious situations. The only thing that makes it a little easier to accept is that he seems to be pretty coordinated. Here he is using Sarah’s chair to climb onto the coffee table. Still keeping Mommy on her toes!
Luke is talking a little more now. He consistently says, “Hiya Dack, Hiya, Ewwie” (to the dogs) when we come home. He says “Bye, bye” and waves. “Upppp!!!” when this…
doesn’t work.
“Touchdown!” with his arms up in the air (and no, I’m not kidding). He uses signs for “more” and “all done”.
He LOVES to pretend that he is talking on the phone, and always, even if he is on the other end of the room says “Baa” (bye) every time he hears me hang up the phone. His other favorite things to play with are balls and cars. Here is a shot of him pretending like he’s on the phone with the remote…
Luke is sleeping really well at night. He’s going to bed around 6:30 and getting up about 6:30. I’m thankful for that. He’s still not a consistent napper. Some days he takes great naps. Other days, he takes no nap. He hangs in there pretty well, thought, so that hasn’t been too much of a problem. He’s also just not a consistent eater. Some days he eats a lot and others he hardly eats at all. His favorite foods are lima beans by far, followed by sweet potatoes, and peas. I’m thinking he likes thicker textures. He also likes bread in most forms. He does not like cheese in any form. That is hard for me to believe. He doesn’t like yogurt either. I am starting to suspect that he might have a little bit of a dairy allergy like his Uncle Jeff did, but I’ll spare the details on that one. :)
Luke went to his 1st Auburn game this month, and managed to keep his win streak alive. He enjoyed playing at the tailgate, and had a good time at the game. He was a trooper because those can be long days.
September 3, 2011 Auburn-42--- Utah State--38
Luke also started going to MDO this month. Although, it really isn’t a Mother’s Day OUT because if Luke is there, that means his Mother is there. :) I have been subbing occasionally (mostly in the nursery) so Luke comes along with me. Going to Mother’s Day Out was not for Will and Sarah. They were too routine oriented. Since Luke has such a crazy schedule anyway, he hasn’t skipped a beat. He loves it. He does not stop moving the entire time we are there, and I have confirmation that he really is quite a wild child as I watch the others (his age and older) do a lot more sitting/standing quietly than he ever does. He is also the only child that successfully scales the slide over and over again. It’s good for him, and I enjoy it.
I cannot believe that it is almost time to start planning this little guy’s 1st birthday! We love you lots, Luke!
1 comment:
Oh wow!!! The only thing that hasn't changed about Luke is how cute he is!!! I really want to get together again soon!!!! Please squeeze him for us!!!!!
Post a Comment